Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I just successfully complete the civics game The Cost of Life and I must say that it took me awhile, but I got the entire family to survive. They were poor, hungry, and sick, but they were alive. The point of the game is to not only survive, but to be happy and healthy. It's extremely difficult just in the game to accomplish this. I can't even imagine how tough it would be in reality. The easy thing about experiencing it on the computer is that if I get frustrated with it, I can just exit out of it and go back to my normal life. In reality, people who live in these conditions CAN'T just "exit out" of their problems. Hunger, sickness, and unhappiness is their life and it 100.5% REAL for them. They don't have the money for a huge turkey and all the dressings and sides for thanksgiving. They don't even have a house to eat it in! We don't think much about it because we're warm and well fed and reasonably happy. This Thanksgiving, when you're sitting at the table with your family, warm and happy with a huge meal in front of you, stop and think about all of the people who will spend Thanksgiving out on the streets cold and hungry without their family and friends. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, PEOPLE. Like the song says, 'god forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes, then you really might know what it's like.' (The song is called What It's Like by Everlast. Please look it up and listen to it. It makes a lot of sense.)

1 comment:

  1. I deemed it important to let the world know about a man who cured me of HIV/AIDS, he is Dr. Iyabiye, and I never take it seriously when I first saw his recommendation online. I reached out to him not because I believed it but because my finances was running dry for buying HIV/aids Antiretroviral drugs to slow down the viral load all the time. But behold I got cured after the treatment. I went for checkup just as the doctor instructed and I was tested negative. Here are his contacts if anyone wish to reach him for help: +234-815-857-7300, iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete